Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Much Anticipated Christmas Morning

This is what was left for Santa the night before
*the coke was full*
And this is the letter that Santa left Micah. Matt got up at 5:15 cause he couldn't sleep any more. He was too excited. He looked at me and said, "aren't you getting up?" I said nope I'm going to try to sleep until Micah gets up. I know he was disappointed, and truth be told I really didn't sleep much which is how I heard Micah getting up and going into the living room. I heard a little *gasp* and then silence. I called him into my room and he came running in and in a very excited and full of surprise whisper he said, "Mommy, Santa brought me a BIKE!!!" (which he hadn't even asked for)
Micah was the most surprised over this gift! Thanks to some friends of ours son who out grew this wonderful bike, Micah received it Christmas morning and thought it was the BEST thing ever. He waited patiently for the rain to stop and then once it did he rode it all around the back yard and made sure to "park it" just right before coming inside.
Beatrix woke up so happy even though her morning was interupted by an excited brother. She was all smiles for most of it and was very content to lay here and watch all of the action.
One of Matt's presents was a picture frame with a side for imprinting hand prints into clay. Micah and Beatrix are forever frozen for a moment of time. He said he loved it...
Micah opened his stocking last and found all kinds of treasures. This being one of them, a magnifying glass. He has been asking for one for a long time. He also got a car from the movie Cars which he has also been asking for at least a month. He has been very interested in whales lately and so I got him a plastic/rubber whale. This was the present that won the most attention award. He played with it all day and took two baths today because, "whales really belong in the water, mommy!"
Micah opened Beatrix's last present, jammies from Auntie Maranda and Uncle Caleb. What a fun morning. I will post some pictures of my presents soon. I got some really wonderful things from Matt. After we were finished opening presents I made a Christmas breakfest of eggs, sausage and scones. Following the breakfest while we were still sitting at the table enjoying tea and watching Micah feed his whale and his new car "cause they need to eat too" he looked at Matt kind of puzzled and said, "Daddy how did Santa get my bike in his bag?" Matt looked from Micah to me and all he could say for a bit was "Wow, what good questions you ask." You sure can't put anything past this kid!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

How fun for Micah to get a bike for Christmas! I think it's funny that Matt was up early and is like a little kid on Christmas morning. It's the opposite for us! I just got caught up on all your posts. Beatrix is lovely and I wish I could see Micah and Noah playing together - I think there would be lots of talk about "Cars." =)

Matthew's Wifey said...

I enjoyed your post Lydia! My nephews love Cars too. They call it 'speed.'