Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sticks and Fire

Matt woke up from a late nap today and I was itching to get out of the house so I suggested a trip to the beach for a walk. Matt said ok and then asked if we had any hot dogs... so within 20 minutes we were on our way with a cooler full of goodies and charcoal for a fire. What a gorgeous night! I also called my good friend Michelle and she and her two boys joined us. The boys ran around on the sand while we sat and stared at the water taking it all in. Matt had the hot dogs ready by the time we got back up to the grill. We sat, had hot dogs and chips and watched the sun melt into the horizon and the sky turn from light pink to the deepest coral color to a sky of fire. It was so relaxing. Just the night I needed. We are getting better at heading to the beach at a moments notice.

1 comment:

April said...

Call me next time too....we don't get to the beach often enough and we don't get to see you guys often enough! Lotsa love. Miss you.