Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Frandpa and Frandma Go on Adventures

Saturday morning after a breakfest of pancakes, sausage and frest fruit we headed out to the Turtle Sanctuary to see the loggerheads.
Us...
I look a little unorganized here. I was holding the camera, my bag and off course Beatrix. I ran out of the house without her sling or front pack so I had to improvise with a blanket. It worked!Matt's parents treated Micah to a shark tooth neckless.
The finished product.
This picture looks so creepy! I think it is cause you can't see my eyes.
Micah engrossed with a story called Sharky the Shark.
We then went to Juno Beach Pier which is just a couple of miles up the road from the Turtle Sanctuary.
Matt's dad spied this shadow way out in the ocean. You will probably want to click on it to make it larger and so you can acutally see the shadow :). We watched it get closer and closer wondering if it was a turtle, a shark or a manatee. We were a little nervous for the surfers until we saw what it was. It was a manatee! Pretty cool! It surfaced a couple of times and then went on its way.
Off the end of the Pier. It was almost 80 degrees on Saturday morning.
Matt and Micah with their Noculars seeing what they can see.

1 comment:

Deidra said...

Reading your blog and looking at all of your pics is like taking a mini-vacation! Seriously! I really hope that we can live in a warmer climate someday...though I would also settle for vacationing in one ;)

It sounds like you guys are so busy and that life has really evolved. The next time you are up in MI, please let us know. Maybe we can venture up ourselves. You're always welcome here in the Windy City as well. Glad you had fun with the "Frams" ;)