Friday, May 8, 2009

Micah's Self Portrait


This is Micah's first self-portrait. He drew it for me today before lunch. I asked him to tell me about it. He told me that he drew his eyes, "all three parts". I asked him what the middle part was. "That is the poopy mommy." "The poopy?" I said. "Yes, he said then the blue part and then the white part." "Oh you mean the pupil?" "Yes," he said, "the pupil". Then he told me that he drew his legs, but he didn't know how to draw his feet. And the line going across is the weather blowing the fireworks that he and daddy watched "last day". Last day is the term Micah uses for yesterday. Super cute.... I love the detail that he gave to his eyes. It was amazing to me, maybe just cause I am this kids mommy, but it was amazing that he drew the three parts of the eye. Anyway, thought I would share his portrait. enjoy

No comments: