Thursday, April 9, 2009

Second Annual Easter Egg Hunt


Saturday night Beatrix was up almost a million times that night! ok so I exaggerate! Anyway I was Sunday was the Second Annual Easter Egg Hunt at my friend April's house. exhausted and I knew I had a long day ahead of me with the hunt and work later that night so Matt took Micah to church and I stayed home and slept for awhile. I got up had some breakfest and started getting ready. About 5 minutes before Matt picked me up to go to the hunt I started feeling really sick to my stomach. I tried to shake it off cause I knew Micah was so excited about going to the hunt. We got there just in time for him to collect some eggs. Which for those of you who are regular followers will remember that last year he only picked up green eggs. This year he picked up green, yellow and red "cause those are my favorite colors mommy". He also picked up one purple egg for Beatrix. While he was collecting eggs I needed to sit down. Matt asked me if I was ok. I told him I felt really strange. I had Bea slung on me and about 2 minutes later I told him that I needed to go inside and sit for awhile. I went into the house and went straight to a bathroom. I must have been there for awhile cause Matt and Micah came looking for me. Needless to say we went home quickly. As soon as I walked into our house I laid Bea on the couch and went to the bathroom where I spent the next 2 hours. It was a long morning! Matt called me in sick to work and I honestly do not remember ever being that sick before in my life.... it was gross!
As we were getting into the car to leave, Micah looked back at April's house. He could hear all of the kids screaming and laughing. He looked at me with such a sad look on his face and said, "But Mommy, I'm missing it."

No comments: