Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Surprise Shower for Mystery Baby and Me

yesterday i thought i was going out for dinner with 3 girl friends, but when i showed up to her house i got surprised with a shower! boy,was i ever surprised! i had NO clue!
the tables were done in bright fun colors
.
some of the gifts....

after having an amazing mexican dinner with guacamole, chips, nacho cheese dip and a caserole that was really really good i got to open presents. very sneakly they had gotten me to register. unbeknownst to me it was for this very shower that they had been planning for months.

more fun gifts!

all of the presents have been opened. my mom had even sent me a card with a gift in it. she had known about the shower when she was down visiting the begining of august. everyone did an amazing job keeping a secret!

my friend heather feeling my belly and saying "i wonder what you are?"
my friend karyn wrote prayer requests and tied them to roses as favors for all of the guests. one of the ones that got left behind was for "abundant finances because babies are expensive"...i am going to send that one to someone for sure just to make sure it gets prayed! :)
a rowdy bunch of ladies!
the shower was organized by my dear friends april and her mom ginny. april is the one holding the new baby (she just had twins 7 weeks ago!!!) and ginny is the one in the lime green shirt. they live in my neighborhoood and have quickly become dear friends.
matt was in on it too and boy is he ever glad it is over. both ginny and april told me i never need to worry about matt because he has an impossible time keeping secrets. those three have been scheming together on this for months. i was just blown away! it was not even in my radar which made it so much fun and i went home feeling so special and very excited to welcome
our new little mystery whomever it may be!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is so fun!!! What a great surprise and great friends. Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so great. You have some GREAT friends! I would feel pretty freagin special too! Can't wait to meet my new neice! Oh did I say that out loud?

John, Heather, and Roman said...

It was such a great time! I am so glad that I was able to come and enjoy such a wonderful shower! April is amazing!

Love ya!