Monday, August 18, 2008

"Gamma" comes from Iowa



My mom and Micah in their snorkel attire. While mom was here she bought a swimsuit for the first time in at least 15 years. I told her with a kid in Florida you have to at least own a decent swimsuit. I think she looks beautiful!

I love this candid picture of the two of them enjoying the waves.
Micah waiting for "Gamma" (he can't say r's) to get back in from snorkeling.
My mom really took to snorkeling. We took her to the beach three times and everytime she and Matt would venture off to stare at the underwater world. I will never forget the first time she came back. She was GLOWING with excitement! The second time out they were gone for over an hour and saw some "amazing fish". It was fun watching my mom have the willingness to try something new and loving it so much.

Waving at me as they sat on the beach and let the waves rock them back and forth.



Micah loved it when "Gamma" gave him a bath. She played with him forever.
My mom took a family picture of us that turned out so sweet.
(notice the little bump...)
The time with my mom was way too short. I loved having her here and I can promise you that I was not the only one as Micah called me Gamma for two days after she left. They were like two little peas in a pod. Mom shooed us out of the house one night and Matt and I went to dinner and a movie. It was heaven! They played crash the trucks for two hours! How do Grandmas and Grandpas have such stamina?
We took my mom to the beach three times. She loved snorkeling the best and had so much fun discovering this underwater world. I sure hope my dad gives it a try when he comes to visit after the baby is born. I think he would also be amazed, scared at first, but worth it in the end.
I have to admit I cried when she left... It really hit me how much our family would be changing by the next time she came to visit. Plus one whole person is a big addition! She was so much help that it made saying goodbye really hard because I know how involved she and my dad would be in our lives if we were closer..... Ifs only make life frustrating so I will just look forward to their next visit. It will be truly wonderful to see them both next time!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time together! Your mom looks great in her swimsuit. Did you help her pick it out?

Patty Van Cleave said...

Gamma had a great time with your fam too! We will make the most of every visit every time we get a chance to be together!

I love you,
Iowa Gamma