Thursday, August 14, 2008

Drippings

Today has been a rough day. It just feels like a million things have gone wrong. I was starting to feel at the end of my rope earlier this afternoon. Matt called me on his way home from work and I started to cry. Micah was playing with trucks and I thought he didn't notice me. I was crying silently...you know the kind of tears that just seem to seep out of you. I couldn't stop them and didn't even want to try because it felt strangely good, this stream of emotion. Micah slowly crawled up onto the couch next to me and started to lightly wipe my tears away. He looked so sad, but I didn't even have the energy to assure him that mommy was ok. Instead he looked at me as he wiped them away and said, "Mommy you dripping?" yes honey mama drips sometimes...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That's so cute. After Jared read this post he said, "Micah has such a soft heart". He is such a sweetie.