Friday, October 17, 2008

The day has been scheduled....

We had our doctor's appointment this morning and we are all scheduled for an induction on Monday morning, October 20th. The day Mystery will be born and we will know if it is a he or she. I am feeling nervous, emotional, excited, scared and curious. It will be wonderful to see this little one and to know what has been growing inside of me all of these months. I am scared cause come on who really wants to go through the birth process. I am feeling nervous about Micah adjusting, all of us adjusting to another one in the house. But mostly I am feeling emotional cause it is really hard for me to even think in future tense when it comes to babies. I want to be positive but I also can't just be so naive to think that we are assured of a great outcome. There is still reality there and reality is that something could happen. I try not to dwell on this and it can very quickly turn me into an anxious mess. So I try to focus on the peace that the Lord promises me in the midst of it all. Lastly I am feeling curious. Curious as to what our little family of four is going to look like, be like, smell like (just kidding).

Micah is super excited and I also think that he is sensing that it is very close. He has been
particuarly affectionate to me over the last couple of days. He will come up to me, give me a big hug, tell me he loves me and then run off to whatever he was doing before. He is so sensitive! We have had excessive talks about what he can expect to happen when mommy and daddy go to the hospital to have Tractor (see 5 or 6 posts below). He has told me on a couple of occasions that he wishes he was a baby again and Matt and I try to acknowledge that yes the baby is going to get alot of attention, but there are sooo many things babies can't do that big boys can do. And how exciting to be a big brother cause you get to show him or her all of those things. We list them all and he feels better for awhile. It will just be interesting to watch this drama called the Harrison family unfold. How I imagine our love will deepen and grow and change. It is exciting....

Matt has so much to do between now and Monday. It is his end of the quarter and so he has about 50 papers to grade and college exams. He is feeling anxious also and will be glad when all is said and done and the baby is looking up at us in a room full of florescent lights. How crazy that this is our third child together and it still seems as new and unrehearsed as the first time. Please keep him in your prayers as he almost passed out last time I got an epidural. Plus it is hard for the husband I think cause they can't feel it all and so the labor process is really all about waiting for that one moment, THE moment. The moment it is tangible and there is a real live baby to look at, hold, bathe, name and love!

We covet your prayers and are so excited to call you with the good news some time Monday...?
Love the Harrison Three

4 comments:

Deidra said...

Lydia-
It's so crazy to reflect on all of our relationships from dating, marriage and now family. It seems like just yesterday we were all college grads trying to figure out what we were all going to do with ourselves. Now, we all have plenty to do thanks to our kiddos.

We couldn't be happier for you. God will provide the strength. I don't know how, but you will do it! You are one of the strongest people I know and I can't wait to hear how this next chapter unfolds. You won't even understand how your heart has the capacity to love so much until it actually happens... I can attest to that first hand. I'll say a prayer for Matt. I think it's adorable that he got a bit queasy...and they say that women ar the "weaker" sex. HA! Blessings, Strength and LOVE to you all- D, R, W, S

Kristina said...

How exciting! You're in my thoughts and prayers! I want to come and visit as soon as you'll let me! I'll bring food.

Andrea said...

We will be praying for all of you - especially you since you have the hardest work to do! Also for Baby/Tractor/Mystery since it is hard work being born, too. Deidra is right, it is amazing that your heart can open even wider to love another child. Can't wait to hear about everything!

Julie Keefe said...

Oh Lydia,
I'm so excited for you. I just cannot wait to get a holt (Texas term) of that little one. Praying for you, for Matt, for Micah and Mystery. Just cannot wait.