Saturday, September 20, 2008

Amazing Waffles

Need a breakfest idea.... well since I have been up since the "crocodile" today (see 3 posts down) I made waffles for micah and I this morning. (can you tell I am pregnant?) Matt has a "swim race" this morning and I woke up HUNGRY! So, I stumbled on this recipe from a magazine and thought to myself "Wow, I have got to try these!"
Michael White's Whole-Wheat Peanut Butter Waffles
(from Cookie magazine)
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 1/4 cups milk
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
cooking spray or melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat waffle iron before getting started.
2. In a bowl combine all of the dry ingredents and stir with a wire wisk
3. In another bowl combine oil and peanut butter, mix well. Then add milk and beaten eggs. Stir until combined.
4. Add wet to dry and stir quickly but don't over mix. May be some lumps and will probably look thick. MY NOTE: Once the batter has started to get foamy don't mix it more...that causes the baking powder to deflate and then your waffles won't be as puffy. And whatever you do don't add more milk to thin it out...big mistake!
5. Pour batter onto waffle iron and cook until brown and crispy.
I served them with butter, syrup and cut up bananas. Then ate the two together! oh man....I wanted to eat all of them, but quit after a half a waffle. Try them...I have never shared a recipe before and these were AWESOME!

No comments: