Monday, May 16, 2011

big eli

saturday morning ended with a ride on the ferris wheel.
as matt and micah got in line all kinds of memories swirled inside my brain.

12 years ago on april first, matt asked me to marry him on a ferris wheel in iowa. there was a small carnival going on in the parking lot of our local mall and he grabbed my hand and walked me over to it. we went around once, then twice and i looked off into the distance pretending that i didn't know what was about to happen. i noticed he was digging around in his pocket and when he pulled out a little box we were at the top of the big eli.
in a mall parking lot.
in iowa.
and he was telling me he loved me and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me.
fast forward 12 years and the next time matt is riding a ferris wheel called the big eli it is with our children.
in a parking lot.
in florida.
isn't life crazy and special all at the same time?




12 years...
sigh
full circle.

No comments: