Monday, March 7, 2011

k5 chapel

last tuesday micah's class was responsible for chapel.
their theme was God made me special.
micah was asked to pray for chapel.
he had been practicing alot.
that morning he told me in the car on the way to school that he had been thinking about what he was going to say and he was ready.
here they are singing He's still working on me...

He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be,
He's still working on me.


There really ought to be a sign upon my heart,
Don't judge me yet, there's an unfinished part.
But I'll be perfect just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hands.

every time micah sings this song to me the verse "don't judge me yet, there's an unfinished part" stands out to me like a neon sign. sometimes i can get so frustrated and i feel like he is never listening to me and then i hear this little song in my head and i think to myself he is just a little boy with a lot of unfinished parts. (my parts aren't all that finished either!) just a little side note there.
they were all supposed to make a poster of one way God made them special. this is micah's and he said, "God gave me the talent of being able to snorkel".
so cute i could hardly stand it!
all of us were able to be there.
matt was even able to get someone to cover his class for an hour so he could join us too.
good times.
micah's teacher, mrs. o'malley
so these next few pictures are a little preview of years to come.
notice micah and beatrix are sitting next to one another.
then a little girl comes over to talk to beatrix...
two little girls...
three little girls...
i don't think micah is aware of the sidekick abilities of his little sister yet.
but something tells me someday he will be very aware.

No comments: